we're hiring A Graphic & Video Designer in berlin
is a non-profit foundation headquartered in Bodø, Norway that aims to provide children and young people with great learning experiences with science, mathematics, and technology.
We do this through two concepts: Newton and FIRST LEGO League. Since the foundation was established in 2000, more than 500,000 children and young people have participated in inspiring education and projects within our concept.
We opened our Berlin office in 2018 to oversee the expansion of the Newton Concept into the rest of Europe and beyond. Our small and agile team is passionate about sparking imagination and creativity in young people all over the world, and we have the concept and tools to get it done!
As part of the FIRST Scandinavia communications team, you will assist in increasing the visibility of our educational concepts in Norway and internationally. You will design a variety of visuals that appear on our website, newsletters, presentations, social media, and in our events and Newton Rooms around the world. We’re looking for a detail-oriented and passionate graphic design specialist to join our team of 3 communications experts.
You will contribute to and have responsibility for a variety of projects and your tasks will include, amongst others:
- Design graphics, illustrations, video & animation mockups, website pages, presentation slides, digital banners, brochures, etc.
- Collaborate primarily with those in the communications team. You will also interact with members of the education, project management, website, design, and business development teams.
- Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, web designers, marketing, printers as necessary
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders regarding ongoing project status and objectives, and ask for help when needed
- Reviewing final layouts in multiple languages and suggesting improvements when necessary
- Develop and maintain project plans for a range of projects for which you are responsible
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or 5+ years of relevant experience e.g. in a creative/advertising agency
- You have a strong eye for good design, composition and flow of graphic, animation, and video content
- Ability to identify target groups and develop content, tone, and style accordingly
- Experience with Adobe products, in particular Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Familiarity with Premiere Pro and AfterEffects is highly desirable.
- Possesses a collaborative mindset and works easily in a team, including remotely
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Advantage: Additional European languages spoken, in particular Norwegian or Swedish
- Advantage: Experience with social media platforms on a professional level
Why work for us?
We offer a competitive salary, limitless personal development opportunities, and a fun and varied work environment. Our values are rooted in the Scandinavian system and work-life balance is very important to us.
This position is full-time and based in Berlin, Germany. Our office is in a vibrant neighbourhood in Mitte.
If this sounds like a job you’d love to have, please contact us with your resume and cover letter and/or portfolio, your earliest available start date, and your salary expectations to [email protected].
Application deadline: August 1st, 2021
If you have questions about the position, contact the Director of European Operations, Alysia Tofflemire, at [email protected].
We encourage every qualified person to apply regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.