Brussels - Newton Teacher passionate about STEM
We are looking for one or more engaged and passionate people to become our dedicated Newton Teachers during the Mobile Newton Room event in October 2021 in Brussels. The role of a Newton Teacher is to lead and educate an exciting STEM class which teaches students about mathematics in an aviation context – you will even get to learn how to fly a flight simulator!
The Mobile Newton Room
is a portable science-focused classroom which provides a unique and unforgettable experience for visiting students and class teachers. The purpose is to give students the opportunity to explore, use high-quality equipment, collaborate, discuss, and have fun with science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The classroom is made up of two expandable containers, each expanding to 35m2, meaning that the Mobile Newton Room provides 70m2 of high-quality and inspiring STEM education space.
The responsibilities of a Newton Teacher are:
- Organizing and conducting the teaching in the Mobile Newton Room
- Inspiring students in STEM subjects
- Following up with students to carry out surveys after their visit
- Evaluating the project when completed
The successful candidate must:
- Be fluent in French AND/OR Flemish, as the education will be conducted in both languages.
- Be comfortable enough in English to understand and participate in the training sessions
- Have a passion for STEM and/or educationLove working with kids (ages 12 – 14)
- Be available from 8am to 5pm on several days per week in October 2021 and potentially one weekend to participate in the training
- Be willing and able to follow strict hygiene and social distancing rules to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and to ensure that the students are following the rules.
Salary shall be calculated on an hourly basis. You will receive extensive training and support from our experienced educational team on-site. This is a short-term contract which may lead to more opportunities in the future.
Send a CV and short cover letter to [email protected].
Application deadline: August 31st, 2021
If you have questions about the position, contact Project Director, European Operations, Alysia Tofflemire at [email protected].