TURIN - NEWTON TEACHER PASSIONATE ABOUT STEM
We are looking for one or more engaged and passionate people to become our dedicated Newton Teachers during the Pop-Up Newton Room event in November 2022 in Turin. The role of a Newton Teacher is to lead and educate an exciting STEM class which teaches students about mathematics in an aviation context – you will even get to learn how to fly a flight simulator!
The Pop-Up Newton Room is a portable science-focused classroom which provides a unique and unforgettable experience for visiting students and class teachers. The purpose is to give students the opportunity to explore, use high-quality equipment, collaborate, discuss, and have fun with science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The classroom will be located in the facilities of the Italian National Institute of Metrology (INRiM) between the 2nd and 17th of November, 2022. This project is a collaboration between FIRST Scandinavia, Boeing and INRiM.
The responsibilities of a Newton Teacher are:
- Organizing and conducting the teaching in the Pop-Up Newton Room
- Inspiring students in STEM subjects
- Following up with students to carry out surveys after their visit
- Evaluating the project when completed
The successful candidate must:
- Be fluent in Italian, as the education will be conducted in the local language.
- Be comfortable enough in English to understand and participate in the training sessions given by Newton instructors.
- Have a passion for STEM and/or education. Love working with kids (ages 12 – 14)
- Be willing and able to follow strict hygiene and social distancing rules to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and to ensure that the students are following the rules.
- Be available from 9 am to 4 pm during the duration of the event.
From the 2nd of November to the 17th of November, 2022 inclusive, one session will be held in the morning and one in the afternoon, with the exception of 9 /11/22 when an official presentation event will be held.
Each session has a 3-hour duration and schedule is as follows:
Morning Session: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Afternoon Session: 12:30-3:30 pm
Salary shall be calculated on an hourly basis. You will receive extensive training and support from our experienced educational team on-site on a course of three days between the 25th and 27th of October 2022.
This is a short-term contract which may lead to more opportunities in the future. Please send your CV to [email protected] and [email protected]
Application deadline: October 18th, 2022
If you have questions about the position, contact Project Manager Jorge Carbonell at [email protected].