Newton Rooms offer practical education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) for schools and kindergartens.
Through quality-assured and curriculum-based teaching programs, children and young people encounter exciting equipment and varied, explorative working methods.
Newton Rooms in Norway are owned and operated locally by municipalities, county councils, and can be supported by businesses. A Newton Room can be located at or near a school or adjacent to a business park or facility.
Criteria for the Newton Concept
The successful operation of a Newton Room in a municipality requires a common platform and guidelines.
- Focuses on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) topics
- Uses approved Newton Modules
- Is connected to a relevant local/national educational authority
- Has teacher(s) with good academic and didactic competence
- Uses equipment that promotes learning through activity
- Accessible to schools
- Continually evaluates the education on offer
- Is present and active on newtonroom.com
- Reports annually to the Newton team at FIRST Scandinavia
- Follows current guidelines within the Newton Concept