Newton Rooms offer practical education in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) for schools and kindergartens.
Through quality-assured and curriculum-based teaching programs, children and young people encounter exciting equipment and varied, explorative working methods.
Newton Rooms in Norway are owned and operated locally by municipalities, county councils, and can be supported by businesses. A Newton Room can be located at or near a school or adjacent to a business park or facility.
Criteria for the Newton Concept
The successful operation of a Newton Room in a municipality requires a common platform and guidelines.
- focuses on STEM subjects
- uses approved Newton modules
- is anchored in a municipality or region
- employs teachers with good science communication skills
- uses equipment that promotes learning through activity
- should be a common resource in the educational system in one or more municipalities
- constantly evaluates and adjusts the education on offer
- is integrated on newtonroom.com
- reports annually to the Newton administration
- is represented at the annual network meetings